Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I’ve never been a mammy water –Tope Alabi

As celebrated gospel singer, Tope Alabi, releases another album, she has described a story that linked her to a ‘mammy water’ as false.

She released Oruko Titun on Monday, an album that, she says, captures the new waves of blessings she has got from God.

But in a telephone interview with our correspondent, Alabi says some detractors had planned to tarnish her name by manipulating her voice on Whatshap.


She says, “Some people went to Whatshap, recorded the voice of a woman who said she was a mammy water and then mixed my voice and my old music with it. They then put my name there to show that I was the one confessing.”

She observes that though it was an embarrassing developments God had taken control.

“One pastor called me from Ikorodu , saying he heard my voice confessing on Whatsapp. That is when I knew about it. Indeed, some of my people wanted to run away from me, saying they didn’t know I was once a mammy water. But the fact is that I have never been one, not to talk of confessing so anywhere.”

On the significance of the title of the new album, she says it is going to inspire people and teach them that they should not allow the weight of whatever problems or tribulation they may be experiencing to change their names and views about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment