Thursday, January 1, 2015

Mimiko's Aide Assaults His Mistress Over Unpaid Wages


A middle age woman simply identified as Funmilola Alao Cowell has cried out to the members of public over an alleged brutality meted on her by the chairman of Ondo State sport Commission, Mr. Akin Akinbobola.

It was gathered that, the victim was one of Mimiko’s aide mistresses and she was allegedly assaulted on the ground that the female worker had informed Akinbobola of her intention to stop the relationship.

Akinbobola who recently returned to the state after a journey to spain was accused of physically assaulting Funmilola to comma over an argument relating to wages.

The assault which landed the woman in hospital left her with a POP on the neck. The woman who stormed the NUJ center at Adegbola in Akure, the state capital in the company of her family and her lawyer narrated her ordeal in tears.

According to her, she started working with the sport commission on March 2014 where she worked as a contract staff. Funmilola-Alao confessed that she was dating his boss but stopped the relationship before the assault came up. She explained that trouble started when the commission, headed by the chairman decided to add N200 on her forty thousand salary.

Funmilola-Alao said all contract staff in the commission receive fourty thousand naira each. She said she only called the attention of the chairman to the fact that N200 was too small to be added to her salary as the coordinator of the contract staff in the commission. According to her, she called on the Chairman’s attention through a text message which the Chairman subsequently replied that he was in the Office and she should come.

Getting to the office, Funmilola-Alao said she explained her mind to the chairman who instantly blew the matter out of proportion.

“Having taking it person, I told him to calm down and let’s settle it between us. That was how he stood up and he beat me on my chest that I should get out of his office”

“So I was backing the door, trying to negotiate the door so that I won’t fall, and there was a stair, so I haad to hold on to his own shirt so that I will not fall”

“That was how he started, he put me on the ground and removed the hair, he tore my cloth, he really pull me with the hair, he removed the attachment”

“He used the hair to pull me to the secretary office, everybody was already gathered but no one could attack him to leave me alone. They were only begging him to leave me but he still held on to it”

“When he was pulling off my hair, I was in pains because he was holding my hair, they were now begging him”

“I now said they should give me my phone. Immediately I wanted to call, everybody in the office, they collected my phone because they know the implication of what he did, pulling my hair off”

“My hair on the ground they packed it, the little I could take, I took it, they wanted to collected it but I didn’t give them as an evidence. I don’t know why he would humiliate me just like that may be because I said I am no more interested in the relationship” Funmilola-Alao narrated.

She said her phone was seized and held beck until the Chairman left the office.

The woman explained that she went to the Police station to report after she left the office.

“It was as if he planned and waiting for me because he left his normal seat where he used to sit, I never knew he could do that, so I didn’t figure it out maybe I would have left. The normal seat of the Chairman he left the place, he was seating somewhere else, waiting for me” she said.

The woman had since received treatment at the state General hospital, Akure.

However, all effort made by DAILY POST to get Akinbobola’s reaction on the allegation proved abortive as we were told by one of his media aides, Wahab Bankole that he was not in the State

No comments:

Post a Comment