Thursday, March 24, 2016

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo)

Olufemi Atoyebi, Ibadan

The police in Oyo State have nabbed one Mrs. Damilola Ojo for allegedly defrauding three persons of the sum of N23,270,700 after posing as a gynaecologist.

Ojo, who said she engaged the services of a spiritualist to convince her victims, added that she lied to them that she worked at the University College Hospital in Ibadan.

The suspect bought a number of luxury vehicles and built a hospital at Moniya, Ibadan with part of the money she made from the illegal business.



The state Commissioner of Police, Leye Oyebade, told reporters while parading the suspect in Ibadan on Wednesday that Ojo also defrauded her victims by telling them that she could use her contacts to help them get oil and gas contracts.

The CP added, “In what appears to be her nemesis, Damilola was reportedly defrauded of the sum of N48m by another fraudster, Asifu Ajinikirun, who claimed to be a spiritualist. The suspect was known in her church and neighbourhood as Dr. Dammy Ojo. She had worked as a nurse at Goodswill Hospital, Oyo, where she was employed with a “To whom it may concern’ document.”

One of her victims, Funke Olagbaju, who lives at Oluyole Estate in Ibadan, said she met the suspect during a church programme in December 2015 and that she fell victim to the fraudster because she was desperate to have a child after 12 years of marriage.

Olagbaju said, “I was told by some members of the church that the woman was a gynaecologist at the University College Hospital, Ibadan.

“I have been married for 12 years without a child; so I thought it was an opportunity to meet someone who could treat me. I was eager to meet her. She told me at a point that I had a cyst.

“My husband paid her N86,000 and another N172,700.”

She added, “One day, she said she would introduce me to an oil and gas business. She said many UCH workers were in the business. I gave her N1.25m and later N100,000.

“But she refused to take my call afterwards. When there was no way forward about the business, I asked her to return my money. But she avoided me until my husband heard about it and informed the police.”

Caleb Owokunle, who allegedly lost N22m to Ojo, said, “She told me that she had two filling stations and that I could make a fortune out of oil and gas business.

“I took a loan of N2m from the Nigerian Breweries where I work and gave it to her. In all, she took everything I had, worth N22m. I fell victim to the scam because I did not listen to my wife who is very religious.”
The third victim, Toyin Williams, said she met the suspect just like Olagbaju in church.

“She told me that she would give me three magnetic injections at N33,000 each, but I told her that I had no money. She later defrauded me of N12,000, which I paid to her to help me get a domestic help,” Wlliams said.


http://www.punchng.com/fake-gynaecologist-arrested-for-defrauding-three-of-n23m/

No comments:

Post a Comment