Thursday, March 10, 2016

Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government

The Iyaloja General of Nigeria, Chief Folasade Tinubu-Ojo, on Thursday, led market women to protest the non-inclusion of market women in President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress administration.

Tinubu-Ojo who is also the daughter of the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu led several women who converged at the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja.

According to her, it was the opinion of market women of Nigeria that the present administration is not carrying them along even after they worked tirelessly to ensure the party emerged victorious during the 2015 election.



She lamented that “after the inauguration, most of us are not (being) carried along.”

Tinubu-Ojo said, “I am here this afternoon to represent market women and men of Nigeria. There has been agitations, not even agitation of allegation, the people believed that the government of the day is not carrying them along as it should be, that they worked round the clock for the party during the electioneering campaign, but after the inauguration most of us are not carried along.

“We only hear on the news that the First Lady is doing a programme this and that and we just see it on the news and they wouldn’t allow me be, all the complain come to my table morning and night and I say okay, enough is enough.

“We even heard that another FCT woman leader that is organising another market association and named it Association of Organised Market People in Abuja and most of these people are PDP, they were nowhere to be found when we are working for the party day and night, so now our people are not happy because they need to benefit from where they believe they have the right to and all we need, all we are crying for is for the government to give them sense of belonging and carrying them along properly.”

When asked whether her father, Asiwaju Tinubu in the know of her agitation, she said, “because I am the daughter of the National leader of APC doesn’t mean that I must not represent my people well, I have to represent my people’s opinion, I am a leader, and as a leader, my people are crying foul and I won’t fold my hands and keep quite because my father is a national leader, it is wrong, I am not mobilizing against the party, no, I am solidly behind the party, I have work for the party before and I will still work for the party tomorrow, but that does not stop me from saying the truth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment