Thursday, July 21, 2016

Man arrested for strangling his 4-year-old daughter to death

Men of the Akwa Ibom State Police Command have arrested a 30-year-old father, Joseph Ibanga, for strangling his four-year-old daughter, Gloria Ibanga, to death. He, however, revealed that he carried out the act after eating a meal prepared by his mother. .



His words: “I stay in Port Harcourt, I came to the village that day; I don’t really know what happened, I started quarrelling with my mother. Suddenly, something just entered into me and urged me to kill my daughter who was fast asleep. About 4a.m., I carried her to the village stream and strangled her.

I cannot say how it happened. It was after I had killed her that my eyes became clear and I began to understand that I had committed a grievous offence. As I got home, my mother asked me the whereabouts of the girl. When I could not explain, she raised an alarm and alerted the neighbourhood and from there, the police was invited to arrest me. I do not know what got into me. I regret everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment