Friday, July 22, 2016

Teenagers arrested over sale of human skull .

Emmanuel Edet Ikot, 17; Ubong Udong, 18; Bright Effiong Okon, 19 and Okon Ita, 20, were arrested by operatives of Criminal Investigation Department, CID, of Akwa Ibom State Police Command, when looking for a buyer of a human skull in their possession, Vanguardngr reports.


The State Police P.R.O, Delia Nwawe, said they were arrested by officers of the CID on receiving an alert from vigilant youths in the area and would be charged to court for the law to take its course. .

The leader of the gang, Edet, however said: “I was paid to cut grass and clean up an uncompleted building by one man in Oron. As I was clearing the place, I stumbled on a human skull. I then rushed to inform my friends of what I found and in the company of those my friends, we went to pick the human skull.

After picking it, we decided to sell it, but we did not know of any possible buyer. So, it was suggested by one of us that we take it to a native doctor in Mbo. On our way, we were held by the youth leader of Mbo, who then called the police to arrest us. I have not sold human parts before.”

Vanguardngr

No comments:

Post a Comment