Sunday, January 4, 2015

I Consulted Pastor Adeboye Before Accepting To Be Buhari’s Running Mate- Osinbajo


APC’s Muhammadu Buhari's running mate, Yemi Osinbajo who also doubles as a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church Of God, has said he consulted the General Overseer of the church, Pastor E.A Adeboye, before embarking on this journey, Mr Osinbajo who spoke to Kayode Falade said.

The Redeemed Christian Church of God, where you are a pastor, has come out to say it never endorsed you…

I don’t think the church has ever said any such thing. Also, the church does not endorse candidates. The General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has not said any such thing. He has not issued any statement. In any event, the RCCG as a church cannot endorse a candidate. How can a church endorse a candidate?

But did you seek Pastor Adeboye’s consent before accepting the nomination?

I serve under the GO of the RCCG as a pastor. If I am going to take any kind of action, especially an action that involves public service, it is my duty to consult with him. It would be absolutely irresponsible of me not to consult with him. And I have consulted with him.

Did he give you his consent?


I have consulted with Adeboye fully. I am not prepared to share with you the details of our discussion. But be absolutely certain that I would not take these steps without properly consulting with him and that I did what was needful.

No comments:

Post a Comment