Saturday, January 17, 2015

Two Men Fight over a Girl in Lagos, One Dies (Photo)

Samuel Michael
Never in the wildest imagination of Samson Ibrahim, did he envisage he would not live to see his agenda for 2015 actualize, as he set off to a bar in Paiko Idimu, a Lagos suburb on January 1. The 40 year-old father of three reportedly received an invitation from some of his friends at the bar. He was said to have left his apartment with a promise to come back and continue the New Year celebration with his family. But that was never to be as he was rushed from the bar to the hospital, following a severe injury he sustained during a fight over a girl.
Continue..


As you read this piece, the remains of Ibrahim are lying stone cold in the morgue, as a result of complication that reportedly arose during surgery.

Information at Crime Guard’s disposal had it that the late Ibrahim engaged one Alaba Adeshina in a
fight at the popular ‘Lady Show ‘bar , after the later attempted to woo his girl. In the process, eye witnesses alleged that Alaba stabbed Ibrahim with a broken bottle in his stomach which forced his intestines out.

The deceased’s elder brother, Babatunde Alagbe , who spoke with Crime Guard said his late brother was taken to different hospitals within the vicinity but was rejected.He said:

“At the Ikeja General Hospital, we were told to go and get N2million for surgery. Thereafter we took my brother to Ikeja Medial Centre where we were told to bring N1 million. We eventually settled for N700,000 before the surgery was carried out. After the surgery he started complaining of chest pain and when he went for check up, scan result showed that some liquid substance lodged in his chest. The scan result also showed that blood was lodged at his back, thereby, necessitating a second surgery, where my brother was opened up from the chest to the stomach.
Unfortunately, he could not make it. He died four days later, leaving his three children of ages 8, 5 and 2 “ Adeshina said.

He attacked me - suspect

On his part, 34 year-old Alaba Adeshina who was embroiled in a fight with the deceased, denied stabbing him. Rather, he claimed that the deceased attacked him first, showing a bandage on his head as an evidence of the injury he sustained during the attack.

Narrating what happened: Adeshina said:

“ I saw two ladies smoking at the bar. I admired one of them. My intention was to get acquainted with her and use the opportunity to advise her against smoking. But when I approached her, she barked at me and threatened to smash a bottle on my head.
Later, she joined us at the table and was discussing with my friends. Again, as she made to leave, I followed her and demanded for her number.

Before I knew what was happening, a man came out from nowhere and landed his fist across my face, accusing me of trying to take his girl . By then, one of my brothers, Segun Olowopejo, cautioned me to be careful and asked me to leave the bar. As I was leaving, the man came again and smashed a bottle on my head. I was dazed at that point and cried out for help in pain.

That was all I could remember until I woke up next day , to find myself at Temidire hospital with bandage on my head and my right wrist.  I was advised to report the matter at the station because I was told that the fight escalated after I fainted . But on getting to the station, I was detained. It was at the station I learnt that the man I fought with was dead”

Who killed Ibrahim?

Arrested alongside Adeshina were his elder brother, Segun Olowopejo, his step brother, Samuel Michael and Kabiru Abdulai, all of whom went to the bar that fateful day. They are currently at the State Criminal Investigation Department , SCID, Panti, where investigation was said to be ongoing.

When asked who stabbed the deceased, Samuel Michael, burst into tears, wishing the hand of the clock could be turned back to that day in order to amend his ways.
The father of three started with lamentation:
“ January 1, 2015 was a nightmare that I wish I would wake up and discover it was dream after all. But no! It is real!
“My father usually invites relations and friends for the New year celebration. Kabiru and Alaba also visited. But Segun came late after the food and drinks had been served. He suggested we went to Lady show’s bar for a drink and when we got there, we were given two bottles of beer and meat for free. Segun sent for more bottles because the ones given were not enough for us..
As we were discussing, two ladies walked in with cigarettes in their hands. One of them said I was occupying her seat and I quietly stood up because I am not troublesome.


When fight broke out between my step brother and the deceased at the initial time, I begged the deceased to forgive my brother and they stopped fighting. He even patted my back saying I was wise. Barely had I sat down than somebody rushed inside to inform me that my brother was being attacked.
When I got outside, I met my brother in the pool of his blood on the ground, with a man still wielding a broken bottle that was stained with blood. I held the man’s hand to prevent him from stabbing Adeshina further. At that point we started struggling with the broken bottle in his hand. In the process, I sustained injury in the hand (raises his hands to reveal some stitches)
My father came to the bar when he heard we were fighting. He started hitting me and instructed me to leave the bar and I did. But to my shock , owner of the bar came with some policemen to our house saying, I was the one that stabbed the deceased.


I did not stab him. There was no way I could have matched him in a fight because he was older and taller than I “, he said crying profusely.
The suspects as gathered, would be charged to court immediately the judiciary ends their strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment