Monday, October 19, 2015

Why I Wasn’t Considered Minister - Utomi Says I’ll Rather Be Remembered Like Awo


RENOWNED political economist and public affairs analyst, Professor Pat Utomi, has said his failure to be included in the ministerial list, as touted by many Nigerians, might be his failure to win the approval of the powers that be.


Utomi made this revelation in an interview with the Nigerian Tribune, on Sunday.



Utomi, who spoke against the backdrop of outcry in some sections of the media at his non-selection as ministerial nominee of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, further disclosed that he was never consulted by any member of government.


He said: “Dr (Mrs) Tokunbo Awolowo Dosumu told me a few years ago, that they seem determined to stop you the way they stopped my father. My reply was that those who tried to stop your father, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, are not worth a fraction of what he is in history. I would rather be remembered like your father is than win their approval.”


When asked about his feeling at the development, considering his commitment to the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and support for President Muhammadu Buhari, he replied: “I was not consulted at all. My commitment is to Nigeria and the Nigerian people. I will continue to serve them as long as I live, even if I am not in government.”


On what he made of the people on the ministerial list, he said: “It is inappropriate for me to say something about it.”


It will be recalled that Utomi had referred to the emergence of Buhari as the dawn of a new era in Nigeria and expressed his readiness to work with the government should he get the mandate.


Tribune.




#Utomi

No comments:

Post a Comment