Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I Did Not Recieve Money From Dasuki - Ribadu.

The pioneer Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, has denied ever receiving any money from the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Ribadu said in a statement on Tuesday denied insinuations in some quarters that he returned some money he received from the former NSA.  He explained that he had nothing to do with Dasuki while he was in office and could not even remember meeting him during the period.



The former EFCC boss said that it was shocking for somebody to insinuate that he collected money and return same from a man he never met.
He added that he had not been contacted by any security agency on the allegation to warrant him to refund the money he didn’t even collect.
Ribadu challenged those pushing the story to come forward with documentary proof of the allegation.
He said, “My attention has been drawn to insinuations in certain quarters of my purported repayment of some monies I was allegedly given by the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).
“For the record, let me categorically state that I had nothing to do with the former NSA while he was in office. I cannot remember meeting him at any time while he held sway.
“It is therefore shocking for me to be accused of receiving something from someone I never had any relationship with, not to talk of refunding money he gave me.
“Let me reiterate that I did not receive any money at any time from the ex-NSA, either directly or through a proxy. There is therefore no reason for me to make any refund.”
Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment